Men Love Jewelry Too
While women and jewelry seem to go perfectly together, don’t for a second think that men out there do not like their fare share of jewelry too.
In fact, it is certainly not uncommon to see men sporting watches, rings, bracelets, necklaces and more. Just because women are more identified with jewelry does not mean your special guy doesn’t want some too.
According to a report from Unity Marketing Inc., the desire for men’s jewelry continues to grow, with more than two-thirds of the increase in the jewelry market from 2008 to 2010 directly tied to added expenditures for men’s jewelry.
Whether you are a woman shopping for jewelry for your special guy, or you happen to be a man looking for a piece or two on his own, there are sound ways to go about it and not so smart ways.
- Metals – Men’s silver jewelry and gold jewelry remain hot items, but platinum jewelry for men is becoming increasingly popular. For those searching, men’s bracelets, rings, necklaces, earrings and cufflinks are easy to discover in nearly any style and price range;
- Rings – When it comes to men’s rings, this piece of jewelry goes a long way in declaring a man’s personality and his success. If you are looking to signify a special place in life, then select from gemstones that highlight the man’s birthday or anniversary. As for wedding rings, make selections from simple bands with diamond accents, fashionable textured titanium rings and sizable rings sparkling with diamond studs;
- Necklaces: As for a special necklace for a man, they oftentimes run from 18 to 24 inches in length. Among the top choices in this day and age are men’s chains and leather cords, as both styles can be worn with or minus pendants. Dog tags are also a popular catch with men, while religious piece never seem to go out of style;
- Bracelets – It is certainly not uncommon to see men sporting bracelets, whether it is in the office, at a sporting event and/or while exercising, or just out on the town. Among he top color selections would be yellow gold, white gold and two-tone gold. Sterling silver bracelets are both elegant and affordable, so don’t be surprised to see gents sporting these often;
- Earrings – These little jewelry items have a life all of their own when it comes to men. Go to a beach or nightclub and you are apt to see many men with one or both ears pierced. If you turn on the TV, it is also quite common to see male athletes showing off their latest earrings while doing an interview after an event. While just one earring for show has been fashionable for men over the years, a large volume of celebrities and athletes, are now sporting a diamond stud earring for each ear lobe;
- Watches – Although it is not uncommon for more men to be turning to their cell phones and other tech gadgets for a time update, that certainly does not mean men no longer wear watches. In fact, stroll around most business offices and you will see plenty of men sporting silver, gold, black and other colors of watches. When shopping for watches, always keep in mind whether or not the man is looking for style, function, or a little bit of both.
Now with some of the top accessory ideas in place, how difficult can it really be to find the right jewelry as a guy or for the woman looking to buy jewelry for a special guy in her life?
Always remember when buying jewelry for a man that each guy’s taste in jewelry varies. The key here is to always match up the locale and time of day when choosing jewelry.
Lastly, always keep in mind that men’s jewelry means as much to many guys as jewelry does to most women.
Just because you’re a man does not mean you don’t like a little style in your life.
Photo credit: watcheswatcheswatches.net