Thomas the Tank Engine™ To Visit August 30, 31 & September 1, 2
Help our favorite No. 1 engine find the clues and solve the mystery! Thomas the Tank Engine™ is pulling into world-class downtown Newport for Day Out With Thomas™: Mystery On The Rails Tour 2012, hosted by The Newport Dinner Train, presented by HIT Entertainment, a worldwide leader in children’s entertainment, and sponsored by MEGA Brands, a leading toy company. This fun-filled event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends™ series. Children will take a ride along with their favorite engine friend on his latest adventure and participate in Thomas-themed activities. The tour, now in its 17th year, will make stops in more than 45 US cities and is expected to welcome more than one million passengers in 2012.
WHO: Thomas the Tank Engine
- · A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- · Games and activities featuring a mystery element
- · The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Controller of the Railway
- · A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, train tables, and coloring sheets.
- · Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways including a special reveal poster previewing new engines and a new destination from the upcoming 2012 Thomas & Friends feature, “Blue Mountain Mystery”
- · Storytelling, video viewing and live music
WHEN: August 30, 31 & September 1, 2
TIME: 9:30 am – 4:15 pm
WHERE: Newport Dinner Train Station, 19 America’s Cup Ave., Newport, RI 02840
Tickets for Day Out with Thomas™: The Mystery Tour 2012 are on sale now and available by calling Ticketweb toll-free 866-468-7630, or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html or www.newportdinnertrain.com. Ticket prices are $18 plus tax for ages 2 and up (service charges and fee may apply).
For more information and directions, contact the Newport Dinner Train, 401-841-8700 or www.newportdinnertrain.com.
For information on Thomas & Friends™, visit www.thomasandfriends.com/dowt
Follow Thomas & Friends on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends and Twitter @TrueBlueEngine.